Fire a Total Loss on Hawkview Lane
alt By The LCN Staff MOUNT MORRIS — Two residents were taken to Noyes Memorial Hospital, Dansville, for treatment after their Hawksview Lane home caught fire in the early morning hours on May 2, according to the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office. The Livingston County E-911 Center received a call at 3:33 a.m. from the homeowner at 2439 Hawksview Lane reporting that there was a fire in the home. Fire companies from Mount Morris, Nunda, Leicester and Cuylerville were able to extinguish the fire. The home will be a total loss. The residents escaped with minor burns and smoke inhalation and were taken to the hospital. Their names have not been released. Livingston County Fire Coordinator Kevin Niedermaier determined the cause of the fire to be electrical in nature from an overloaded power strip in the bedroom. Investigating for the Sheriff’s Office were Investigator Bradley Schneider of the Criminal Investigations Division, Sgt. Matthew Orman and Deputies Arick Perkins of the Road Patrol, and Mike Williams of the Forensic Identification Unit. alt alt alt
Fire Department Website Design